Stepping Away From the Needles
So much of my non working life is tied up in knitting and crocheting. Trolling for patterns and yarn, getting the right needle or hook, working on the project, and of course, blogging, tweeting, and facebooking take a lot of time, but I do manage to have other interests.
That's why I'm excited about today's Ten on Tuesday--Non Knitting Blogs.
Just for today, I'm not so crafty...
- Angie Mizzell Inspiring-empowering-connecting. Her blog tagline says it all. I love her thoughtful stories and questions and how they prompt me to tell a few of my own.
- Astronomy Picture of the Day I'm truly a sucker for astrophotography. Where else can I get my pretty Saturn pictures?
- BBC News I like getting a non American take on the news, and I get most of my world news from the BBC
- Dlisted Profane, insane, hysterical, but extraordinarly well written, it's my probably my favorite non knitting blog. Michael K. is the *Rightful* Queen of All Media. All Hail!
- Le Metier Professional cyclist Michael Barry describes le metier as "...devotion, work ethic, savoir-faire. An identity developed through experience." I love his writing and his eye and his passion.
- Mashable I get lots of my social media and techo-stuff fix here. Besides, Pete Cashmore gives face face face like no one else!
- Mental Floss Blog Where knowledge junkies get their fix.
- The Accidental Cootchie Mama Somehow, Andra manages to blog DAILY and make it revelvant and interesting. She answers all her comments and it's like a digital morning meetup.
- Tiny Buddha Life's lessons and a moment of Zen. If only I'd apply their sage advice to my own life, but a journey is made up of small steps. I just need to keep walking.
- Home-Ec 101 Real skills for real people. That's what it's all about.
Talk About the Passion
How about about some REM? They come out with a new album next month, and I'm looking forward to it.
For a limited time, you can download a song from the album, Oh My Heart, for free on Amazon.
Talking about the passion is why I blog. If that sound like a future post, that's because it is.