My Olympic Training Regimen
Here's what I'm doing/
done to prepare... Buy Yarn Read patterns Make Swatches--I have gauge for both, but I'm really going to have issues with the Lion Brand Microspun. It splits like crazy! Bron is throwing me a curve by doing something different with her cardi, but I have to stay tuned.
- Color match Noro for Dibs--Almost done. I've color matched about half of the yarn. Lots of knots.
- Finish Eris--Getting there. I need to focus!
- Read about the actual Winter Olympics--I have the new Sports Illustrated, but I didn't see any books at Barnes and Noble last night. I'll look again. I love speed skating and I want to take in some while working on my projects. Perhaps some curling too. I find it interesting, and ,this time, I plan to actually understand it.
- Gather all materials in one place.
- Plan my opening ceremonies parade. The Super Bowl will have nothing on my event LOL.
I realize that I will be at work at 2 pm on Friday, so can can either take my lunch later and start or wating until I get home to start. I may do the former and start on the Romantic Cardi. I need to think about it.
I could stay home?
It's All About The Buttons!
I think I know why I'm doing all the Olympics stuff! For the buttons!
I love buttons. I guess I'm more insane that I thought!
In or Out?
I guess I'm in some sort of bloghole, because I didn't know that there was some sort of controversy in Blogland. I first found out on Bron's blog the other day. I enjoy blogging, and I get a lot out of it. I love showing off, meeting people from all over the world, seeing new things to try, and checking out what others are working on, and getting comments.
I've never been cool or popular, not even when I was younger. I've always been a little off, a bit out of step, or off key. I like what I like, and I do what I do as long as it's not illegal and doesn't harm others. That philosophy hasn't made my life easier, but it has made it happier.
I strongly believe that you can put whatever you want in your blog and readers can choose to read your blog or not. Personally, I like to see the gifts and yarn purchases--gives me ideas.. While I wish I could buy more yarn, I certainly don't begrudge the good fortune of others.
As usual, Sharon explains it all. Check out her sanity injection.
P.S. I gave the list of Blogiversary comments to Patrick, so there will be winners soon.